Lately I’ve been struggling with what to write for this blog. There’s been some downsides come up with blogging lately (more on that in my Blog Income Report for September), but I want to keep this blog alive and rejuvenate it. So why not better start with a schedule? And what are my new niche topics going to be focused on?
1) Giveaways. The rate of return visitor is so low it’s crazy. I have thousands of new visitors a month. I want to give you guys an incentive to stick around, comment, and let me learn from you and vise versa. Even though the economy is making and breaking us at the same time with the listing of our home, I’m going to be hosting a blog giveaway once a month. The giveaway will only be possible as long as I continue to make some sort of revenue from my etsy business.
I really want this blog to grow and become the primary source of income for me, but I can’t do that without you. So I need you to stick around and I’m going to give away a little incentive each month as a way of saying “Thank you, so so much.”
2) Favorite Things. Lets face it, the pick apart a pin has died. There are thousands of pins to pick at. Instead of researching the “Where do I find this in that pin?” I’m going to redirect these to my own moodboards of my favorite things.
The favorite things will range from all things design, to whatever just happens to be my favorite thing at that moment.
3) Before & Afters. Home remodeling is in my blood. I grew up with the sound of hammer, nails, and construction sites. Even though we can’t get our own DIY going on at the moment, I would absolutely love sharing my favorite before and afters. One of these days, I’d absolutely love to get my hands dirty in the nitty-gritty of crafts and DIY. However with a demanding baby and a toddler running all over and I’m home alone with the most.. that’s probably not going to happen anytime soon. Getting a moment to shower without someone screaming is rare.
4) Personal. I really don’t like being too personal on this blog. I like to be more private, but I’m working on opening up some things and being careful at the same time. I would like to share what’s going on in our lives, just like how I shared that we listed our house for sale.
5) Blog Income Reports. I find these reports from others really inspiring. I’m going to continue to share these with you guys. I’m not going to share my husbands revenue, but I want to share how it is possible to make some sort of income online, no matter how tiny.
6) All about the Business I want to keep it real. I want to tell you the do’s and dont’s of having a business and I want to share all my mistakes and knowledge with you (without revealing my business plan before things launch). You’ll already see that I discuss frequently about different product launches.
What days will you blog?
There you have it. The 6 Reasons why I’m defining my niche here on Fall For Design. I’m still working on a blog planner that will work for me, but you can expect a fresh new post on Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays.
Happy weekend everyone!